Welcome to HLL
Hillsborough Little League (HLL) provides fun and rewarding Little League experiences for boys and girls in Hillsborough and adjacent areas of San Mateo, Burlingame and Millbrae. Roughly 700 boys and girls between the ages of 5 and 13 participate in the league each year.
Hillsborough Little League has a proud tradition of excellence in both regular season and All-Star play. We have won over 25 District and Sectional All-Star titles since our inception in 1993.
HLL 10-11 All-Stars Win Section 3
Congratulations to the HLL 10-11 All-Stars for winning the Section 3 Championship!
The Section 3 Tournament featured a total of 4 teams, HLL as the D52 winner, and 3 District Champions from the East Bay.
The team won their initial two games by a composite score of 28-1, including an 11-1 win over Danville in the opening round, and a 17-0 win over Mt Eden in the semi-finals. The team dropped the initial finals games in a walkoff 3-2 loss to Danville, but came back in the winner-take-all final, beating Danville 7-3.
The team now moves on to the 10-11 Northern California State Tournament, which will be hosted by West Sacramento Little League from July 21-27.
HLL 12s Host Taiwan All-Stars
HLL recently hosted an all-star team from Taiwan. The event featured a home run derby as well as an exhibition game.
Taiwan All-Star Cheng-Hao Wu took the top prize in the home run derby, while the HLL All-Stars won the game by a final score of 6-2. Further details on the event were published in the San Mateo Daily Journal and the China World Journal.
Thanks to all who helped make this event a great success! Special thanks to Mayor Marie Chuang and the Town of Hillsborough for their support and participation.
All-Star / Superbowl Daily Updates
- Majors Superbowl Tournament hosted by San Mateo National Little League
- Minors Superbowl Tournament hosted by Hillsborough Little League
- District 52 11-12 Tournament hosted by Redwood City Little League
- District 52 10-11 Tournament hosted by Belmont/Redwood Shores Little League
- District 52 9-10 Tournament hosted by Alpine/West Menlo Little League
- Section 3 10-11 Tournament hosted by Union City American Little League.
- NorCal State 10-11 Tournament hosted by West Sacramento Little League.
- July 21, 1pm: 10-11 All Stars play Scotts Valley in the opening round of the NorCal State Tournament at Memorial Park (West Sacramento)
Superbowl Tournaments (completed)
- Minors Superbowl won 10-3 over Redwood City in the opening round and advanced to the quarter-finals
- Majors Superbowl lost 7-2 to Menlo-Atherton in the opening round and were eliminated. Many thanks to our Majors Superbowl players, coaches, and Manager for their efforts and for representing HLL
- Minors Superbowl won 8-5 over Menlo-Atherton in the quarter-finals and advanced to the semi-finals
- Minors Superbowl lost 13-6 to Pacifica American in the semi-finals and were eliminated. Many thanks to our Minors Superbowl players, coaches, and Manager for their efforts and for representing HLL
District 52 All-Star Tournaments (completed)
- 11-12 All Stars won 6-0 over Redwood City (East) in the opening round
- 10-11 All Stars won 2-0 over a very good San Mateo National team in the opening round
- 9-10 All Stars lost a tough game 1-0 to Pacifica American in the opening round and move to the elimination bracket
- 11-12 All Stars lost 4-2 in extra innings to Menlo-Atherton in the second round and move to the elimination bracket
- 10-11 All Stars won 10-0 over Menlo-Atherton in the second round and will play in the quarter finals
- 9-10 All Stars won 17-1 over Redwood City West in an elimination game
- 11-12 All Stars won 12-1 over Redwood City West in an elimination game
- 9-10 All Stars won 10-0 over Foster City in their second consecutive elimination game.
- 10-11 All Stars won 12-1 over Palo Alto American in the quarter-finals and advance to the semi-finals.
- 9-10 All Stars won 6-5 over San Carlos in their third consecutive elimination game.
- 11-12 All Stars lost a close game 3-2 to Belmont Redwood Shores and were eliminated. Many thanks to the parents and fans for supporting this stellar class of 12 year olds, who won many games and several banners for HLL. Special thanks to Doug Robbins, Chad Forrest, and Vic Dollosso for their years of service - in particular to Doug and Chad for their efforts on behalf of the HLL Board of Directors.
- 10-11 All Stars won 5-2 over San Carlos in the semi-finals and now play in the D52 championship
- 9-10 All Stars won 16-5 over Alpine / West Menlo in their fourth consecutive elimination game.
- 9-10 All Stars lost 4-3 to Belmont Redwood Shores in their fifth consecutive elimination game. Many thanks to our All-Star players, coaches, and Manager for their efforts and for representing HLL. A very respectable playoff run, winning 4 games, and losing two 1-run games. In 6 games, the 9-10 All Stars outscored their opponents 52-16.
- 10-11 All Stars won 8-2 over Foster City to win the District 52 Championship and advance to the Section 3 Tournament in Union City.
Section 3 Tournament (completed)
- 10-11 All Stars won 11-1 over Danville and advance to the semi-finals.
- 10-11 All Stars won 17-0 over Mt. Eden and advance to the Section 3 finals.
- 10-11 All Stars lost 3-2 to Danville in the finals, forcing a second winner-take-all Section 3 final game vs Danville
Congratulations to the Upper Division championship teams!
- Majors Playoff Champions: Majors Phillies, Manager George Cresson
- Majors Regular Season Champions: Majors Giants, Manager Dan Carroll
- Minors Playoff and Regular Season Champions: Minors Yankees, Manager David Rhein
- AAA Playoff Champions: AAA Nationals, Manager Mike Chesnosky
- AAA Regular Season Champions: AAA Angels, Manager Andrew Duffell
- AA Playoff Champions: AA Giants, Manager Timothy Perotti
- AA Playoff Runner-Ups: AA Cubs, Manager Geoffrey Smith
Individual Award Winners
The following individuals were honored with awards at the HLL 2018 Closing Ceremonies:
- Most Voted Baseball Player: Dylan Kall and Dean Moss (tie)
- Hank Harris Little Leaguer of the Year: Conrad Wilbur
- Majors Manager of the Year: Tom Callen
- Minors Manager of the Year: Brad Cook
- AAA Manager of the Year: Eric Ranta
- Volunteer of the Year: Hsiao Peng
- Youth Umpire of the Year: Zach Vernon
Congratulations to all, and many thanks for your tremendous contributions to our league!
All-Star Teams Announced
The following coaches and players have been selected to represent HLL in the upcoming District 52 All-Star and Superbowl Tournaments. Congratulations and good luck to all!
New to HLL?
Learn all about our Baseball and Challenger divisions, find out more about our All-Star and Superbowl teams, or take a look at a few helpful documents relating to the league. Or read through our list of frequently-asked questions.
Looking for Training or Playing Opportunities Beyond HLL?
Little League Bat Information
Click here for the latest information on Little League baseball bat requirements.
Rules for Dogs on our Fields
- Dogs are not allowed on school property from 30 minutes before school starts until 30 minutes after school is over. This applies to dogs of ALL sizes, including dogs in the arms of their owners.
- Dogs must be on a leash in the custody of an adult. An adult must be in control of their dog while minor children are present.
- Clean up after your dog.
|Recent News Articles|
Any questions? Contact HLL Information Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.