Welcome to HLL
Hillsborough Little League (HLL) provides fun and rewarding Little League experiences for boys and girls in Hillsborough and adjacent areas of San Mateo, Burlingame and Millbrae. Roughly 700 boys and girls between the ages of 5 and 13 participate in the league each year.
Hillsborough Little League has a proud tradition of excellence in both regular season and All-Star play. We have won over 25 District and Sectional All-Star titles since our inception in 1993.
HLL 10-11 All-Stars Win Northern California State Championship
Congratulations to the HLL 10-11 All-Stars for winning the Northern California 10-11 State Tournament. The first NorCal State Championship in HLL history!
NorCal is the final competition for this age group. Begininning in June, all-star teams from 341 Little Leagues compete for 31 District Titles, and then for 7 Section Titles, to ultimately produce a NorCal Champion.
The team won their initial three games by a composite score of 21-2, including an 9-0 win over Scotts Valley in the opening round, and then a thrilling 3-2 walkoff win over Linden in the quarter-finals. The journey continued with a 9-0 win over Maidu in the semi-finals. Maidu earned an HLL rematch by beating Petaluma 9-7 in 8 innings in the elimination bracket final. HLL beat Maidu 7-5 in a close title game to become NorCal champs.
HLL 12s Host Taiwan All-Stars
HLL recently hosted an all-star team from Taiwan. The event featured a home run derby as well as an exhibition game.
Taiwan All-Star Cheng-Hao Wu took the top prize in the home run derby, while the HLL All-Stars won the game by a final score of 6-2. Further details on the event were published in the San Mateo Daily Journal and the China World Journal.
Thanks to all who helped make this event a great success! Special thanks to Mayor Marie Chuang and the Town of Hillsborough for their support and participation.
Congratulations to the Upper Division championship teams!
- Majors Playoff Champions: Majors Phillies, Manager George Cresson
- Majors Regular Season Champions: Majors Giants, Manager Dan Carroll
- Minors Playoff and Regular Season Champions: Minors Yankees, Manager David Rhein
- AAA Playoff Champions: AAA Nationals, Manager Mike Chesnosky
- AAA Regular Season Champions: AAA Angels, Manager Andrew Duffell
- AA Playoff Champions: AA Giants, Manager Timothy Perotti
- AA Playoff Runner-Ups: AA Cubs, Manager Geoffrey Smith
Individual Award Winners
The following individuals were honored with awards at the HLL 2018 Closing Ceremonies:
- Most Voted Baseball Player: Dylan Kall and Dean Moss (tie)
- Hank Harris Little Leaguer of the Year: Conrad Wilbur
- Majors Manager of the Year: Tom Callen
- Minors Manager of the Year: Brad Cook
- AAA Manager of the Year: Eric Ranta
- Volunteer of the Year: Hsiao Peng
- Youth Umpire of the Year: Zach Vernon
Congratulations to all, and many thanks for your tremendous contributions to our league!
New to HLL?
Learn all about our Baseball and Challenger divisions, find out more about our All-Star and Superbowl teams, or take a look at a few helpful documents relating to the league. Or read through our list of frequently-asked questions.
Looking for Training or Playing Opportunities Beyond HLL?
Little League Bat Information
Click here for the latest information on Little League baseball bat requirements.
Rules for Dogs on our Fields
- Dogs are not allowed on school property from 30 minutes before school starts until 30 minutes after school is over. This applies to dogs of ALL sizes, including dogs in the arms of their owners.
- Dogs must be on a leash in the custody of an adult. An adult must be in control of their dog while minor children are present.
- Clean up after your dog.
|Recent News Articles|
Any questions? Contact HLL Information Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.